Thursday, August 11, 2011

{JDRF...

My dear friend has a little boy who was fairly recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. It has been so eye opening to watch their family deal with his disease. I have been moved as I have watched them struggle, try new things and finally succeed in stablizing his blood sugar. She is an inspiration to me as a mother. Bridget is very involved in the community so it was no surprise when she called me one day to tell me that she was co-hosting a massive event in May for JDRF. What a gal! She poured hours and hours of time gathering sponsors, donations and it all payed off. I played a small part for the evening's auction by working with some of the local kids affected by diabetes. We came up with a kids project that went up for auction. I don't even think I took any pictures but the kids and I went to a local stain glass store and created unique ornaments and hung them on a sparkly tree. It was such a good experience for me. Thanks B, and congratulations on raising over 450,000K for a cure!!!









Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Way to make a hormonal woman cry. I appreciate the recognition on your family blog. You, though my friend, are the inspiration to me!