Saturday, October 18, 2008

{Girls Trip...

What a fun, fun weekend with some crazy fun girls! I think I've really only had a group of girlfriends like this one other time in my life (post college) and there were just 3 of us. I was talking to Julie (second from left) and if you would have asked us three years ago if we liked living in this part of Colorado Springs, I think we would have hesitated to say yes. We are surrounded by beauty, true. But we were sorely lacking in the girlfriend department! It seems like in just the last two years we have had some really fun, dynamic families move into our wards and neighborhoods. Thank heavens! I am such a social person, I just need good friends.

We started planning a 'girls trip' this summer and it went from the Oregon coast to Vegas, to San Diego and finally to Denver. It was perfect. Thanks to Dan and Julie we were completely pampered at the Aveda Institue and enjoyed facials, pedicures and hair cuts/color. We stayed at the Burnsley hotel in Denver (on the 13th floor). It was great, thanks Buffy! Leslie popped in for a quick hair cut and Alicia and Sara met us at Aveda Friday afternoon. That night Meghan and Valerie joined us. We went to Maggianos for dinner, the Secret Life of Bees (theater 13), and a rip roaring Haunted House (called the 13th floor haunted house). Notice the trend?? I am completely exhausted and trying to concentrate on a talk for church tomorrow but I had so much fun. Thanks girls (and grammies for taking the boys all weekend!) We missed those of you that couldn't make it but there's always next year!














Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mark and Tara Christiansen said...

I am so jealous! I was just talking to Mark last weekend about how grateful I was for my girlfriends in Colorado and how much I missed them. Next time I'll fly in for it!tara@addlebrain.com

Bridget said...

What a hot group of women...although you're missing someone. Oh, that's right, me! I'm so glad you all had so much fun and will never let Jeff leave town during girls weekend again! xoxo!

Zipporah said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I wish I could have been there. I sure miss you guys. ....and friends in general : ) By the way,
You look really cute!