Wednesday, May 02, 2007

{27...

Ok, so I turned 27 a couple of weeks ago. I feel like I've been 27 for a long time so it really wasn't a big deal. Todd was sweet and bought me these pretty flowers and we went out to dinner as a family. With Todd turning 32 and me edging closer and closer to 30, we decided this year was as good as any to really start taking our health (and weight) more seriously. We joined 24 Hour Fitness back in early March. The gym is close to our home and we like the facilities quite a bit. Along with our membership, we were assigned 5 personal training sessions. Todd hit the ground running and has lost over 25 pounds! He looks great! It is fun to see him enjoy his body more then he has in the recent past (He just had back surgery last fall after suffering with a bad back for more than 5 years). I think this whole thing really started because we wanted to get some additional life insurance and we knew we needed to lose the pounds to get a good rate. Anyway, I have been working out as long and arguably as hard as Todd and I've only lost 5 pounds. I feel good, but I would like all of my hard work to look good too! I guess my whole point in writing this is that I'm debating whether or not I should kick it up a notch and purchase the bodybugg. It is expensive, but Todd assures me that this is the year we are investing in our bodies so I think I might just do it! It is a pretty incredible little devise and I'm conviced if I don't lose weight with it, then it's just not meant to be!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: